Ad

Saturday

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!! Tomorrow!!!


Sometimes I wonder is tomorrow just today? Or does it come with its own mysteries? Are my sufferings today preparing me to sing tomorrow’s melodies? With all the trouble Mama went through for me today, would she be there tomorrow saying with smiles amidst tears “that’s my son!!!”? Will today’s struggles make way for tomorrow’s blessings? Will Folake, who professed her undying love for me today, still love me tomorrow after she has gotten a taste of Emeka’s rover sport while I’m still hustling? Will my friends today, Chinedu and Abu, turn their back tomorrow when all I’ve is nothing? Perhaps, tomorrow is today and there’s really no tomorrow.

We pay so much attention on what tomorrow would bring that we forget the present today. We read so hard today to get the best of grades for the best of jobs…, but just when we want to relax and have fun, we remember we have to work hard to build our dream family and take care of our parents tomorrow. Then, we work hard, get married, and have kids (sets of twins’ maybe). And now it’s time to relax. A family vacation you wonder? Ooopps. Just then we say, “I definitely don’t want my kids to suffer”. Then we work harder; get extra shifts, extra paper…, all in the name of a better tomorrow.

After all these, here comes the tomorrow and then you realize old age is here with wrinkles and grey hair. Finally, you can rest and have some fun.  But where’s the strength and vigour? Of course, it’s all gone!!! Times have changed and then all you hear is “Grandpa, it’s not that way anymore”. You definitely never realized that because you were too busy worrying about today’s tomorrow. Now, all you do is eat, sleep and await your eternal rest because you killed the moments you could have shared alongside your struggles. You suffered for tomorrow but also killed those days’ memories… In the end, you DIE tomorrow.

                                                             Image result for old mans pictures

Well, let’s live, laugh, have fun, cry and Enjoy Today…while we can!

                                                           Image result for enjoyment pictures


Written by kalexis





2 comments :