Ad

Thursday

RELATIONSHIPS and its REAL meaning

  

       "I use to believe that being in a relationship was just a time to taste (sex), eat cookies, go to eateries, party together and have fun and sincerely it was easy to pick another partner if I wasn't getting what I wanted, I couldn't just waste time......”.

      It never occurred to me that a relationship is an avenue to build the wall of the future together with love and prayer but then the moment I got a better understanding of God I had a better understanding of what a relationship should be, I realized that if I couldn't be supportive as a fiancĂ©e or as a friend I really won't be supportive as a wife and mother. I learnt that if I won't seek God for my fiancĂ© or friends then I might not be able to seek God for my husband and children.
      Friends! It’s fun to be in a relationship but relationships are much more than mere physical requirements and satisfaction.

     Without sexual activities two people can remain in long term relationships and extract the happiness and satisfaction from it. Thinking that sex is everything in a relationship may damage the intensity and the purpose of such union.
      In loving relationships, it’s normal for both people to occasionally sacrifice their own desires, their own needs, and their own time for one another. I would say this is a necessary condition of a great relationship.
     But when it comes to sacrificing one’s self-respect, one’s dignity, one’s physical body, one’s ambitions and life purpose, just to be with someone, then that same love becomes problematic.    
      Every relationship is meant to increase our self-dignity and supplement our individual identity, not damage it or replace it.        
         
Purity principles promote happy relationships with no regrets.



WRITTEN BY Anita Babatunde

EDITED BY Nakelium

1 comment :

  1. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your website
    and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your weblog posts.
    Any way I'll be subscribing in your augment and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

    ReplyDelete