Ad

Saturday

Madanlal Kosla we can’t pay your wife’s tax so you must die




Madanlal Kosla 83, holding his death condolence letter.
A shocked pensioner received a letter from his local council - informing him of his own death.
Madan-lal Kosla, received a letter from Manchester City Committee that said he was no longer entitled for council tax support because he was dead.
This letter was directed to Mr Kosla’s wife Sudesh, contained sympathies on behalf of the local authority.
It said: “I am sorry to hear of your partner’s death on the 18th of May.
 “Please accept my condolences. I am sorry to write to you at this difficult time but as the claim for council tax support was in your partner’s name I have cancelled payments from 18th of May.”

the letter continued by saying his wife was no longer eligible for council tax support because he was dead the dead man opened the letter because his wife can’t read English
Regarding their reactions, he said “We are both very angry by what has happened, What if I had been away and someone else had opened that letter? They would think I’m dead. I had to pinch myself when I read it.”
After informing the council of the mistake and was told to go his local job centre to prove he was alive.
“They said go to the job centre, take a passport and show them you’re not dead,” he said.
 “It has inconvenienced us both and caused us both a lot of stress.”


A Manchester City Council spokesman blamed the Department for Work and Pensions for the mistake.

Post a Comment